How To Write an Abstract | Abstract for Research Paper
WHAT IS AN ABSTRACT?
* An abstract is the gist or essence of your paper or article, which reflects your idea of research,
* It provides detailed information, analysis, and arguments of your complete research concisely and concretely,
* It also helps readers to remember key points from your research.
WHEN TO WRITE AN ABSTRACT?
* Even though it is the first section of your paper, the abstract should be written at the end because it summarizes the contents of your entire research.
* You must take important sentences or key points from each section of the research and arrange them in a sequence that sums up the idea of the work.
* Then write the helping or connecting points or words to make the flow clear, smooth and comprehensive.
* Before submitting your final research/manuscript, cross-check whether the information in the abstract entirely agrees with what you have written in the research.
* Lastly, always remember your abstract should justify your topic correctly.
* An abstract is usually between 150-500 words; that is why it should be written in a very precisely but concretely.
WHAT SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN AN ABSTRACT?
* The main topic/heading of your submission is the essential thing which should reflect in your abstract.
* The background information or the context of your research must be covered.
* The objective(s) of your study and research problem(s) is the next important category.
* Research methodology must be mentioned.
* It must include your findings, key results or arguments.
* Lastly, the significance/implication of your research and conclusion
WHAT SHOULD NOT BE INCLUDED IN AN ABSTRACT?
* It should not contain lengthy background and repetitive information.
* It should avoid unnecessary adverbs, adjectives and redundant phrases.
* There must not be any use of acronyms or abbreviations, ellipticals (i.e., ending with "...") or incomplete sentences.
* The abstract should reflect your research that is why references to other literature must be avoided.
* Never use jargon or terms that may confuse the reader.
* Do not give citations, footnotes and reference in the abstract.
* Should not use any image, illustration, figure, or table, or references to them.
Also See - Top Thirty Supreme Court Judgement of India in 2020-2021
Do Share if you find useful on how to write an abstract for research Paper